And in this light, you don't look so bad...

Just a quickie tonight... Just got home from rehearsal...

Monday night of Hell Week is often a bit rough, since so many new elements are all added at once. But tonight really wasn't rough! There are still small things to fix, to polish, to adjust, and the energy was good tonight but a tad uneven sometimes -- but really, all in all, it was a strong performance. There's nothing major to fix. It's all just fine tuning. What a relief!

The cast is doing a very good job, they take my notes well and they make the adjustments I ask for. They understand how this wonderfully odd show operates and they're all really on board. I think this has become a very personal show for many of us.

It's so nice having the band now, the lights, costumes, props, all that stuff. I feel so great about this show. I think we may have light crowds the first weekend -- after all, it's a show nobody knows -- but I think word-of-mouth will be very strong. It's such an original piece of theatre, very funny, very sad, very cynical, very rowdy, and oddly sweet now and then. All my favorite things. I really think audiences will embrace this as much as we have.

We shall see...

Long Live the Musical!
Scott

0 comments: