COVID Baby (with apologies to Mr. Sondheim)

(to the tune of Sondheim's "Broadway Baby")

I'm just a COVID Baby,
Isolating all day long,
Fearing the infected throng,
Surviving somehow.
COVID Baby,
Learning how to work from home,
Like I'm sealed inside some dome;
Apocalypse Now!

Gee,
It seems to me
We should agree
To take on this task;
It's true,
The one thing you
Just have to do
Is wear a damn mask!

COVID Baby,
Captive of conservatives,
Left to wonder just what gives,
And why they're so mad.

Hey! COVID denier!
Your country's on fire!
You and QAnon --
You fell for the con!
Listen, Scary Karen, it's a marathon!

COVID Baby,
I have come as far as this,
Yet the world is still amiss;
I may lose my mind.
COVID Baby,
Listening to Schwartz & Dietz,
Ordering from UberEats,
'Cause I'm still confined.

At
My tiny flat,
There's just my cat,
Some weed and some woes.
Still,
I'll stick it till
I get the thrill
Of rehearsals and shows!

Someday, maybe,
When this thing has passed us by,
If I've managed not to die,
We'll go in rehearsal,
In a big Act Two reversal;
And we'll
Do fine
New Line shows!


Long Live the Musical! Stay Safe!
Scott

0 comments: